Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Secret Garden

Last night I finished reading The Secret Garden.  At first I didn't want to read this book, but I am glad I did.
The Secret Garden is about a girl named Mary who comes from India to England to a large manor. She finds an old rusty key buried in the dirt and opens the door to the secret garden. The secret garden belonged to the wife of the manor. She died in the garden and her husband locked the gate and buried the key. Mary unlocked the door and from then on, she spent all her time in the secret garden with her friend Dickon. She found a disabled child crying in his bed and comforted him. Dickon brought all his tame creatures to the disabled boy, who's name was Colin. Eventually, Colin was told about the secret garden and wanted to be wheeled out. They all spent hours in the garden. I liked this book.

No comments: