Sunday, August 14, 2011

Thunder Dog


I read Thunder Dog by  Michael Hingson with Susy Flory.   It is about a blind man, Michael Hingson, and his guide dog, Roselle,  and how they escaped the twin towers during September 11, 2001.  It also told about his life as a child and how he managed to get around since he was blind.  He learned that when he walked past things it made a different noise as he stepped on the ground.  He used that method to get around.  He explains to the reader that blindness is not a disability its just something you have and have to deal with.  He started using guide dogs when he was 14 and has used them ever since.  I enjoyed this book because I love dogs and he told stories of his dogs.  I also liked when they escaped the twin towers because he described it so well and I felt I could see what was happening in my mind.  It was a fun book to read.  I would recommend this book to anyone that wants to learn more about September 11 and how blind people live.  Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255

No comments: